For fast, reliable information for anyone at the Santa Cruz County Main Jail, call us 24 hours a day at toll-free 888-BAIL-BOND (1-888-224-5266).
MAIN JAIL INFORMATION
The Santa Cruz County Main Jail Corrections Division provides a safe and secure atmosphere for inmates housed in the facility. The county Main Jail Facility operates twenty-four hours per day, every day of the year.
Jail Facility Commanders are responsible for managing and supervising daily operations in the jail. This includes overseeing staff, inmate transports, medical care, programs, family and professional visits. Facility Commanders coordinate with county agencies and outside contractors to make sure the jail is secure and well maintained.
When arrested in Santa Cruz County, men will generally be transported to the Santa Cruz Main Jail for booking and processing. Woman will likely be transported to the Blaine Street Jail.
The Main Jail facility has an average daily population of approximately 400 inmates. It is the main jail for the County and is the only booking facility within the County. Our company can post a bond at this jail 24 hours a day.
Once at the jail, the defendant’s booking process can take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours or more, depending on the size and workload of the staff. The booking process generally consists of nationwide background checks or any holds, photographs ("mug shots"), and fingerprints.
We realize it's difficult to be patient when someone you care for has been arrested, however, once the defendant is clear we can process a bail bond for their release. When you do bail someone out of the Santa Cruz Main jail they should expect to be released within two to six hours or more, depending upon their individual circumstances.
A professional, caring bail bondsman can help you understand how the bail bond process works at this jail and can answer any questions you may have.
VISITING THE SANTA CRUZ MAIN JAIL
Inmates will be responsible for submitting a Visitor Clearance Form prior to any visit. It's important to know that those who have been in custody within the past 60 days, are on parole or probation, has a warrant or restraining order prohibiting contact, may not visit the jail. Inmates must also have beeen in custody for 72 hours prior to any visits.
Appointments for visitation are scheduled Wednesday and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. prior to the weekend of visitation. This includes visiting slots which are available Saturdays, Sundays, and some Holidays and will be scheduled according to the inmates housing assignment.
Appointments are required and must be made with the Reception Staff at least 24 hours in advance by calling (831) 454-2420.
- Visits will last for approximately 45 minutes.
- Inmates only one visit per day.
- Visitors must arrive and register 30 minutes prior to any scheduled visit to avoid cancellation.
- Once a visitor has checked in and the visit is called, if not in the lobby, the visit will be cancelled.
- Any visitor canceling or missing a total of 3 visits will be banned from visiting for 30 days.
- Visitors may include 2 adults only and 3 children. A parent or legal guardian must accompany all visitors under the age of 18.
- Adult visitors must present a valid photo ID such as a Drivers License, Passport, or Matricula.
- All visitors must be appropriately dressed. Shoes and shirts are required. Jail Staff determines appropriateness.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring property into visiting rooms such as cell phones, purses or pagers. Only 1 (one) key will be allowed for use. Lockers are available for .25 cents.
- All visitors entering the secure area of the jail are subject to search. Refusing to be searched will cause denial of visit and being escorted from the facility.
BAIL BONDS FOR SANTA CRUZ JAIL
Did you know that a credit card is most often the fastest and most convenient way to pay for a bail bond? We also offer flexible and creative payment financing options to make the purchase of a bond an easier one for you and your family.
Our licenced, professional agents will let you know if you qualify for financing within minutes. We will work out payment arrangements with no additional fees, taxes or finance charges. Just let us know what's more convenient for you.
Bail bonds for the Santa Cruz County Main Jail as well as in all jails in California will typically cost a mandated fee of 10% of the total bail amount. For example, if the bail has been set at $25,000, the non-refundable cost for the bail bond will be $2,500.
We understand what you may be going through if your loved one or friend has been arrested and placed in custody at the Santa Cruz County Main Jail. We have been providing bail bonds in Santa Cruz County for many years, and can provide you with additional arrest, charge and booking information with just one call to our expert bail agents, 24 hours a day.
Providing Santa Cruz County with the most professional, reliable service, you can trust us to get the job done correctly and confidentially.
Contact us 24/7 for a no-cost phone consultation with a professional bondsman for the Santa Cruz County Main Jail. Our toll-free number is 888-BAIL-BOND (1-888-224-5266). We never close and are open on all holidays.
Santa Cruz Main Jail
259 Water Street
Santa Cruz, CA. 95060