If someone you know has been arrested by the Santa Clara Sheriff’s Department and requires bail bonds assistance, we can help. Speak with a bondsman 24/7 toll free at 888-224-5266.
The Santa Clara Sheriff's Department is comprised of 1,429 sworn officers and 312 civilian personnel members. They work to serve a population of approximately 197,000 residents that live in Cupertino, Los Altos hills, Saratoga, and the unincorporated areas of the county.
The Department is also contracted to provide law enforcement services to the Valley Transportation Authority and the Santa Clara County Parks Department.
The Santa Clara Sheriff's Department is one of the oldest in the state, being founded in 1850. The Department is divided into three separate bureaus: Field Operations, Support Services, and Administrative Services.
With the creation of the Department of Corrections in 1988, the Sheriff's Office no longer maintains the county's jail system. They do provide supervisory positions within the Santa Clara County Jail, however, as well as in the Transportation Unit and Perimeter Patrol.
DIVISIONS & UNITS
South County Substation
80 W. Highland Ave., Bldg K
San Martin, CA 95046
San Martin Bail Bonds
The unincorporated southern county communities of San Martin, Rucker, and Uvas Canyon are patrolled from this substation. The unincorporated areas surrounding Gilroy and Morgan Hill are also patrolled by officers at this station.
West Valley Division
161 S. De Anza Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95014
Cupertino Bail Bonds
This station provides 24-hour patrols for the contract cities of Saratoga, Cupertino and Los Alto Hills as well as the unincorporated areas. This station is based in the community of Cupertino. The officers at this station also provide services to the unincorporated areas of North/West Santa Clara County. Their responsibilities include patrol and traffic functions, special enforcement details, and investigative services.
Transit Patrol Division
3331 North First St.
San Jose, CA 95134
San Jose Bail Bonds
This division is contracted to provide security and law enforcement services for the Valley Transportation Authority, with the goal of maintaining safety for patrons and employees as well as security for VTA properties.
This unit provides law enforcement services from the Headquarters Patrol Division for the Santa Clara County Parks Department. Officers on assignment patrol and enforce the law within the county's 27 parks.
QUESTIONS TO ASK A BONDSMAN
When you are seeking out the best bail bond agency to do business with, there are five important questions that you should ask before entering into an agreement:
- Are you licensed? If a bondsman is operating in the State of California, they must be licensed. This information can be verified with the Department of Insurance.
- Are you listed with the BBB? What is your rating? This is a good way to learn about a company's reputation and any complaints that have been filed.
- Can you explain the bail bond process to me? Any professional agency will be able to walk you through the entire process. The better you understand the bail bond process, the smoother it will go.
- What is the cost of a bail bond? In California, the bail bond premium is set by the Department of Insurance at 10% of the total bail amount. This is not negotiable, so if an agent tells you a different amount, they are doing so illegally.
- How soon will my friend or family member be released? With so many different factors affecting an inmate’s release, no bondsman can give an exact time. A professional agent who has worked with that jail previously will be able to give a reasonable estimate, however.
We know how very distressing it can be when a loved one has been arrested. With the help of a licensed bail bondsman, your loved one will spend as little time in jail as possible, so call us right away and let us get to work right away.
We have built a solid reputation across the state and can post bail to any facility 24-hours a day.
Our simple paperwork can be completed by phone, fax or email. If necessary, an agent will travel to meet you at a location most convenient for you.
When you call the agents at 888 Bail Bond at 888-BAIL-BOND, our team of agents will be able to answer any questions you have about the Santa Clara bail bond process.
Santa Clara Sheriff's Office Headquarters
55 West Younger Ave.
San Jose, CA 95110
Officers provide 24-hour patrols from this station for all East and Central unincorporated areas of the county, including Mount Hamilton Range, Mount Hamilton, San Antonio Valley, Isabel Valley, San Felipe Valley, and Hall's Valley.